04 November 2015

update...


Sorry about the lack of updates here.

A whole year has passed since I posted here. A lot has happened since then, both on a personal level and for the stud.

The main thing is that I completed the move to the new facilities in May. The barn with 12 x 18 undercover riding/training/breeding area plus crush, tackroom, float parking and saddle up area is everything I had hoped it would be. The new house is lovely, too...

Mid year, a new stallion arrived. Owned by a partnership and managed by Narrawin Stud, the Icelandic stallion Gneisti von Roetgen (Imp.GER) arrived from NZ. He travelled by ship and settled well into his new home. He will have some mares in spring.

I placed an ad in Horse Deals for all the stallions and the stud in general, and to let folks know about the venue change.

The foals have started arriving. Two colts so far, Leon by Ramirez and Lorenzo by Rev, both out of Paso Creole mares. Very happy with those two. One more to go, hoping for a filly.

I decided to put some horses on the marked for very low prices so get numbers to a more manageable level, as I may be going back to Uni next year. I also needed to raise some funds for a much needed bore on the property, as the access to my neighbors' stock water has been removed. October saw the adverts go up and within two weeks most of the horses had been snapped up.

I had three Ieelandic Horses here for training until recently. Currently, I have one of my geldings in work (Serrano) and Compay, a stallion I just sold. I have further horses coming up, and I am really looking forward to finally starting Chica under saddle.

Just over a month ago, I conducted a Gaited Workshop, which attracted participants from Vic, NSW and WA. This was followed by a three day clinic with Trisha Wren (Connected Riding), also held here. It was a busy few days, but it was great to see everyone learn so much and have so much fun.

I post most of my updates and photos on Narrawin's Facebook page now, so I urge you to come on and check the news updates there.

No comments:

Post a Comment